|Duties of the Position
||The Assoc. Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities across the Ascend Vancouver chapter, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with Ascend Vancouver President and Executive Vice President to develop and meet chapter goals, while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out chapter goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems – to improve and streamline organizational processes, use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, initiatives, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with Ascend Canada’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, workflows, and trends in operations management within non-profit organizations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Ideal Background/Required Skills
- Good organizational, time management, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the Operations domain.
- Must be thorough, attentive to detail, and comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong desire to learn and be a team player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Zoom, and related software.