- Oversee and assist in planning and execution of marketing for all Ascend Events: including but not limited to the: Ascend Gala, AGM, Annual Conference, as well as sponsored events online or in other cities (excluding Vancouver).
- Work with social media team, editorial/newsroom, annual report teams to adequately scope for the event/project as necessary. Collaborate and coordinate with designated communications teams to develop event communications including invitations, web presence and content, social media content, newsletters, event calendars and general communications, and to ensure timely delivery of communication vehicles for events.
- Develop internal and external marketing materials for events
- Ensures that all aspects are completed in accordance with set dates and deadlines.
- Contribute to post-project/event summary reporting, including (but not limited to) key takeaways, metrics, KPI’s s needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
- 2 years of experience in marketing-related program or event management.
- Experience working on virtual events for a large number of attendees
Preferred Requirements or skills:
- Hands-on experience with a solid background in events strategy, events production, and creative executions.
- Focused on details, highly organized and have proven project management skills
- Flexible and know how to adjust when scenarios change
- Work effectively, are dependable, can work independently, and can multitask calmly
- Asset to have: Experience with virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (e.g. GoTo Webinar, MS Teams, Webex , YouTube, Zoom etc.) with a proven understanding of system integrations to support the complex technology landscape needed for large-scale digital event.