Social Media Volunteer
Reports to Head of Social Media at Ascend Canada
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of Ascend.
- Post upcoming events and articles on the Ascend Website, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, and Twitter and review its impact.
- Keep up to date with Ascend events and news, and choose what content to promote through Ascend’s social media feeds.
- Provide social media updates to the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) teams to promote Ascend content.
- Develop and manage content highlighting Ascend newsletter, Ascend partner events, volunteer opportunities and more.
- Grow social media base of followers by following best practices in social media.
- Create and maintain social media content calendar in conjunction with the marketing calendar.
- Community management includes: encouraging others to comment on Ascend posts and share them with others; ensuring that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience; interact on social platform on behalf of Ascend Canada; Community Manage; like, comment, share relevant post
- Take part in monthly meetings with different team members and understand requirements.
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and recommend ways forward.
- Other tasks as requested by the Ascend MarCom team.
- Draft copy and create post based on event details shared from brief and request/meetings
- Search, and obtain images (and/or headshots) and assets for social post
- Create templated image for events posting
- Review analytics and provide recommendations on success/changes to future programs
- 2+ years’ experience in ‘brand’ experience
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
- To be able to communicate effectively, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to give and receive feedback politely.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for different social media channels.
- Good understanding of confidentiality.
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised.
- An interest in, knowledge of or willingness to learn about the volunteer management profession is an asset.