|Duties of the Position
||The Vice President of Volunteer Engagement will lead the development and implementation of successful strategic volunteer engagement activities, supporting Ascend Canada, Vancouver Chapter’s organizational goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an internal volunteer program for Ascend Vancouver team needs, including skills-based volunteerism
- Represent volunteer engagement staff on cross-departmental workgroups
- Deliver innovative volunteer experiences with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion considerations with emphasis on corporate and community-based audiences
- Co-design a comprehensive Volunteer Engagement strategy with Chapter leadership which supports engagement goals in new business, corporate engagement, and individual donor engagement
- Co-develop volunteer engagement communications/marketing strategy with the Marketing and Communications department
- Foster departmental and organizational teamwork by participating in special projects, cross-functional teams, and annual activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
|Ideal Background/Required Skills
- Experience in volunteer management; planning, and implementing volunteer engagement opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the Volunteer Engagement domain.
- Some experience in Event management and Marketing/Communications.
- Must be thorough, attentive to detail, and comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.